Schrodinger's Personal and Fun Facts
- Erwin Rudolf Josef Alexander Schrödinger is his full name. His origin was German.
- 1887 Schrödinger was born in Vienna. He was an only child. Despite having a religious background from his parents (catholic and Lutheran), he became an atheist.
- Schrodinger suffered from tuberculosis many times during the 1920s and stayed at the sanatorium in Arosa. He discovered his wave equation there.
- Schrodinger married Annemarie Bertel on April 6th, 1920.
- On January 4th, 1961, Schrodinger died in Vienna when he was 73 of tuberculosis.
- The Erwin Schrödinger International Institute for Mathematical Physics was named after Erwin and established in Vienna in 1993.
- Schrodinger liked women in his lifetime and had many many mistresses that his wife was aware about. Most of which were his assistant's wives. Although, Annemarie had some affairs with Schrodinger's scientist friends.... Although, still not as many as Erwin had.
- Schrodinger also did some work on colors. He wrote 3 papers in this area. “Theorie der Pigmente von größter Leuchtkraft,” “Grundlinien einer Theorie der Farbenmetrik im Tagessehen,"and ”Farbenmetrik". ³ They are in german, so I wouldn’t be able to read it.